News and Updates
13U Team VA- Stars and Stripes Sports is sanctioned by Stars and Stripes Sports, LLC. We are excited to provide a developmental opportunity to players who are committed to being the best they can be.
We will provide a developmental environment with many resources to track and assist each player to become the best they can be.
Every player will have an Athletic Profile and will be Sport Tested to obtain the benchmark data that will be used in the developmental process.
Accountability is the keyword for this organization as the ability to correspond and track progression is key when holding players, coaches and instructors responsible for expected results.
All players need to register and set up a profile and those who are simply interested in learning more please complete the appropriate button next to this paragraph.
The Stars and Stripes Way…..
Stars and Stripes is a player development program, meaning we focus on the development of EVERY player on this team. Our coaches and this organization is committed to every player that is committed in return. Commitment consists of wanting what is best for your team and teammates.
Commitment is key.
Stars and Stripes Sports will only work with committed athletes. Committed athletes are ones that are reliable and passionate about becoming the best they can be on and off the field. Without a commitment, there is no foundation. Stars and Stripes Sports will archive all athletes in our system that lack commitment to the Stars and Stripes Organization. The business structure is set up to provide services to committed athletes who want to work hard daily to develop their skills to the most of their ability. If you lack commitment, it is ok to acknowledge and notify so you can you can pick up at a different time when the commitment is firm. Please be advised that we do not ever want to question your commitment. Commitment begins with the individual and extends to the family, team and organization in which you are participating. Every decision you make and every commitment you break affects your family, team and Stars and Stripes Sports. Do not take your commitment lightly and always understand how your commitment affects the rest of the team and or program.
Players will be held to the following:
1. Have Fun
2. Work Hard
3. Always be supportive of your teammates and other Stars and Stripes Teams
4. DO as you are asked and do it with your best effort
5. If you do not have anything good to say keep it to your self
6. Never show up an umpire for any reason
7. Never address a coach, player, or parent from another team under any circumstance
8. Always HUSTLE to your position on the field and to the dugout from your position, NEVER WALK
9. Always run through the bag at first base, no matter the situation
10. Never show “Negative Body Language” or “Show UP” another team
11. Always respect your coaches and address them professionally
12. Never allow your parents to speak on your behalf, learn to speak for yourself
13. Players must carry and be responsible for their own equipment
14. Never allow your parents to come to the dugout and converse during a game
15. Practice Hard, Play Hard and ALWAYS be a good sport
16. Make sure you a prepared for each pitch, and never take a playoff. Baseball READY every pitch.
17. The most important pitch is the next pitch, short memories. Learn from mistakes
Parents will be held to the following:
1. Have Fun
2. Support your son, the team, and all other Stars ans Stripes Teams
3. Do Not “coach” your son and be his parent and provide unwavering support at all times
4. Never address an umpire or react negatively to a call, allow the coaches to represent and fight for the best interest of the team
5. Never address an opposing teams coach, fans or players
6. Require your son to pack and carry his own equipment and learn responsibility as if he was away and had to do this on his own
7. Do not criticize your son or add more pressure, remind him this game is about how to deal with failure.
8. Remind your son the most important play is the “NEXT” play or “NEXT” pitch, you cannot go back and undo what has been done, so learn from the experience and move forward
9. Provide value and support to the Stars and Stripes Organization, never be selfish in approach, understand that if you assist with the development of your son to become a good teammate, he will develop and prosper as an athlete
10. Unconditionally support the team, coaches and program all while respecting the importance of the development of ALL players on this team, not just your sons
11. Parents understand when the occasion arises that it is sometimes mandatory to stay in a hotel of tournament choice
- Practice Details: Wednesdays from 6pm-7:30pm, and Sundays from 3:30pm-5:30pm at New Market Community Park
- We will be playing throughout VA, including Roanoke, Covington and Richmond Areas.
- State Team Director: Contact : Jennifer McNamara firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 540-271-0946
Coach: Jamie McNamara
Assistant Coaches: Steve Jodrie, Scotty Cash and Eric Swartley
2018 Spring/Summer Roster:
Adrian Vann, Landon Vile, Hunter Rinker, Joey McNamara, Brayden Smith, Caden Good, James Cash, Caden Swartley, Luke McCain, Trevor Griffith, AJ Ansoorian, Michael Spaur, Dylan Shifflett and Zander Jodrie
2018 Spring/Summer Schedule:
March 24-25, 2018-USSSA, Covington, VA
April 6-8, 2018-USSSA, Richmond, VA
June 1-3, 2018-Perfect Game, Richmond, VA
June 9-10, 2018-Baseball Nations, Charlottesville, VA
June 16-17, 2018-Sports at the Beach, Rehoboth Beach, DE
August 11-12, 2018-Baseball Nations
August 24-25, 2018-Baseball Nations
September 1-2, 2018-Baseball Nations
2019 Summer Roster:
We are currently working on our 2019 Rosters.
2019 Summer Schedule:
We are currently working on our 2019 Schedule. We will play approx. 5-6 tournaments in the months of June, July and August 2019
What kind of Parent are You?
Written by Kelly Ahrens, National Stars and Stripes Director
I enjoy meeting parents who truly want the best for their child, those parents who want their kid to become a great teammate and focus on improving everyone on their team. I seek out the parents who are looking for an environment where their child can mature and be held accountable for their actions, on and off the field. Are you that type of parent?
I am personally forever committed to parents who understand the true meaning of “parenting”. Good parents should seek an environment where their child can grow and learn all aspects of life.
Kids should always be challenged! Kids should be placed in an environment where they can learn how to become a good teammate that can manage losing and winning. They should learn to become a leader when a team needs their leadership and learn to become a good follower when their team needs players doing their job. If a parent is judging development by wins and losses, then it should be measured on a 50/50 basis. If your child is winning 90% of their games, they are not in the best development environment because they are not competing at a high enough level or challenging themselves. Kids should play on a program that seeks the best competition and learns how to battle, scratch and fight to win a game, it should not come easy or you are doing them a disservice.